The point of sales terminal is one of the most trending business innovation that is occurring in the business world. Pharmacies are also joining the trend, and there has been a lot of development and improvement in the point of sale terminal programming and peripherals. Today the POS system is not only limited to the Retail POS, but there is POS for a restaurant, and now there is also POS for pharmacy as well. The pharmacy can gain a lot of advantage using the POS system as it can make the whole process of payment much more streamlined and efficient. Majority of these POS systems are coupled with iPad POS, and therefore, they allow mobility in the usage. Inventory management becomes much easier and efficient with the POS systems. The advantages that a Pharmacy can enjoy are:
- You get the opportunity to spend more time efficiently dealing with the customers. There is no need to spend time managing the products as every sale that happens, updates the stocks and shows the current levels.
- When you have effective control of your stocks, you minimize your losses. You end up having lesser stock that gets spoilt. When you minimize the losses, you can give much, more benefits to your customers. When you provide your customers with discounts and other promotional activities, then they will keep coming back to you, and you will have a huge customer base.
- A POS system can help you analyze your profits and loss at a glance. You do not need to tally or look back into your registers and books to calculate your income and losses.
- The features are very easy to use, and therefore require no specialized training on the part of the employees who are to use the POS terminals.
- It can help ensure a streamlined process, with minimum loses at every stage.
- The inventory is integrated into the POS system, hence allowing proficient and immediate effect on the stock listings and triggering purchases as and when required.
- The POS system also helps in keeping a tag on the near to expiry, and expired medicines, thus the losses are reduced and thus benefiting the business in the long run.
- The POS system that has been designed explicitly for the Pharmacy has a feature that enables handling e -prescriptions along with the manual ones, thus increasing the profit margin to a much healthier and stable level!
— Robert Sztar (@robertsztar) 27 de noviembre de 2017